I believe it very important to have a philosophy in business, that way you always know what you stand for as time goes on.
- I believe in giving fair value to my customers, both wholesale and retail alike. I work on margins, so I always add roughly the same margin on to anything I buy, so that I am charging a fair price to my customers. Even when I buy pallets of fabric, I charge the same price for all items in that pallet, despite some being worth far more than others.
- I also do not squeeze my suppliers. I believe business is best done when both parties are happy. Fortunately most of my suppliers are too big for me to stand a chance! But on my clearance pallets, I always pay a fair price, and I feel that is why time and time again, I manage to secure some weird and wonderful ranges.
- I believe in Good Manners. I try my best to be polite, and treat the customer purchasing half a metre the same as I would someone buying several thousand metres.
- I believe in being genuine. Particularly in the wholesale side, I have found many dubious operators. I feel that being genuine about the goods I am selling is very important
- I try to remain as humble as possible. I have found (once again in the wholesale side) some very inflated egos amongst some of the different operators. Often some very bitter rivalries amongst competitors. I hope to have provided a breath of fresh air by recommending some of my competitors, to customers. As time goes on and there are less fabric wholesalers and retailers around, I feel it important to actually try help each other when at all possible